Local & National Mental Health Support
IF YOU ARE IN AN EMERGENCY CRISIS SITUATION WHERE YOUR LIFE OR ANOTHER’S LIFE IS THREATENED:
- You feel suicidal or in danger of harming yourself in any other way.
- You are worried that you may harm someone else
- You are worried that you are in immediate physical danger from someone else, then there is help out there. Please see below:
When you feel unable to keep yourself (or others) safe and immediate help, CALL 999 or take yourself to your nearest hospital Accident and Emergency Department.
Don’t know what to do? Call 111. This is the NHS non-emergency service who can advise you IN BOTH THE ABOVE CASES PLEASE REQUEST AN URGENT MENTAL HEALTH ASSESSMENT.
If you do not think you are going to act on your feelings and thoughts immediately, or in the next 24 hours, or you have a crisis situation that does not fit the above examples, then:
- You can contact your GP surgery and make an urgent appointment
- You can also ring The Samaritans and talk with someone 24 hours a day on 116 123 free from a mobile
- SANEline offers emotional support and information for anyone affected by mental illness. Call on 0300 304 7000
- Papyrus: For under 35’s, or if you are concerned about a person under 35 HOPELINE UK: 0800 068 4141 SMS: 07786 209697 Email: email@example.com
- The Silver Line: For older people. 0800 470 8090
- Revival facilitated peer support groups and wellbeing walks: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- NHS Mental Health self-referral services:
- Text SHOUT to 85258 for 24/7 mental health crisis support
- Samaritans Call 116 123 for 24/7 support
- EVERY MIND MATTERS – NHS supported services for mental health and wellbeing https://www.nhs.uk/every-mind-matters/
- Mental Health Matters helpline 0800 107 0160
- Release the Pressure: Text the word Kent to 85258 or phone 0800 107 0160 for free confidential support at any time
- CALM – Campaign Against Living Miserably. 0800 58 58 58 / for anyone struggling with mental health, especially with suicidal thoughts.
- TAKE OFF takeoff.works/canterbury-groups/
firstname.lastname@example.org Peer support activities and groups for anyone living with mental health issues. Areas covered: Canterbury, Herne Bay, Faversham and Thanet
- CANTERBURY UMBRELLA CENTRE. 01227 767660. For groups and activities. https://www.canterburyumbrella.org/whats-on/centre-activities/
- HEAD IN THE GAME CIC (men only mental health support and exercise group): 07507 268045