Covid-19 Customer Guidance
We are working within the following Government guidance and expect customers and visitors to Revival to also adhere to these expectations.
If you have any symptoms of COVID-19 please do not enter Revival and follow Government advice to self-isolate.
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms.
What to do if you have symptoms
If you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus:
- Get a test to check if you have coronavirus as soon as possible.
- Stay at home and do not have visitors until you get your test result – only leave your home to have a test.
Anyone you live with, and anyone in your support bubble, must also stay at home until you get your result.
Government guidance makes it clear that indoor gatherings should only be occurring in groups of up to two households (including support bubbles) while outdoor gatherings should only be occurring in groups of up to two households (or support bubbles), or a group of at most six people from any number of households. Customers visiting Café Revival must adhere to this guidance.
Before visiting we encourage you to read our Café Revival Step by step Covid-19 Customer Guidance and please be aware of information and instruction signs within the café.
Step by step
- BOOK IN ADVANCE – Although we have a lovely balcony for outside seating it is weather dependent and as tables inside are limited, we recommend all customers book a table in advance where possible by calling us on 01227 281255.
- FACE MASKS – Face masks are mandatory in enclosed spaces, as such all customers (except those exempt and children under 11) are required to wear a face mask when inside the building unless eating or drinking. Please help us to keep our staff and customers safe.
- NHS TRACK AND TRACE – We are adhering to Government requirements to temporarily keep a record of visitors contact details. We will dispose of records after 21 days to comply with GDPR and will only use the information to help stop the spread of COVID-19 if necessary.
- HAND SANITISER STATIONS– These are available at key points throughout the building including entrances and when moving between areas. There is also one on the toilet door and we require anyone using the facilities to sanitise their hands before entering.
- PHYSICAL DISTANCING– We have clear notices, floor markings and have spaced our tables to help you adhere to physical distance requirements. We understand you may be dining with a large group but please do not move furniture without asking.
- ONE-WAY SYSTEMS– We have a one way up and one way down system on the stairs and we politely ask you to check that no one else is using the stairs before you advance, in order to minimise crossing paths. We also have a one-way system for moving between our indoor and balcony space, please follow the floor markings.
- OUR YOUNGER VISITORS - Children must be supervised at all times and remain the responsibility of their parent/carer. We have had to temporarily remove our children’s area due to the high risk of cross contamination, but you are more than welcome to bring in your own items from home to use whilst visiting.
- QUEUING – As there is reduced capacity in the café you may find you will have to queue; we will regularly monitor capacity and will try our absolute best to keep wait times to a minimum. Please be patient, we have had to limit staff numbers due to restrictions in the size of our kitchen and service areas so those working are having to cover more than usual.
- REGULAR CLEANING– In order to ensure COVID19 security Revival staff will have an enhanced cleaning and sanitising schedule on all touch zone surfaces.
- MENU & TABLE SERVICE – We will have a phased reopening with a more limited menu initially but still plenty of your favourite delicious and nutritious choices. During busy times and for non-takeaway customers we will ask you to take a seat on arrival and will then call you to the counter for ordering and payment (CONTACTLESS WHERE POSSIBLE). We will have single use menus and our usual black board. You can then sit back and relax, we will bring your food, drinks, cutlery & condiments to you at your table.